Asset Protection Scheme
For most people, ownership of their home does not always mean they are wealthy – at least not in the sense of having money to spend. Even with increasing property values home ownership usually revolves around practical issues such as having a place to live or an inheritance for children and grandchildren.
Our Asset Protection Scheme is designed for homeowners, usually those who live on their own, widows or widowers and involves the transfer of your home into a trust. It is for people who wish to continue living in their home for the rest of their lives but are concerned about how their property will be used after their death
The benefits of establishing an Asset Protection Scheme and transferring your property to a trust include;
- Ensure your home will pass to your loved ones
- The ability to protect the value of your home from spendthrifts
- Keep the ownership of your property secret
- Protect the value of your home from third parties
- To lower the ‘probate’ value of your estate, which will save you money*
- To speed up administration of your estate on your death
*Does not lower the value of your estate for inheritance tax purposes. Lowers estate value where probate is carried out by a professional on a % of estate fee basis.
Unit 3 | Southview Business Centre | Tinwell Road | Stamford | PE9 2JL
Lifetime Wills and Trusts Limited trading as Lifetime Solicitors is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. SRA No: 627258 Lifetime Wills and Trusts Limited is a registered Company no: 09520203. Registered office Unit 3, Southview Business Centre, Tinwell Road, Stamford, PE9 2JL.